Life was rolling around when on Jan 13th 2020 I had a Massive Heart Attack. The right coronary artery was 100% block and it took two stents to open it.
The main reason for this blog is to share some of the things I have learned on the way.
Some background on my health:
1. I don't smoke or drink or do drugs. I thought I was OK because of that.
2. I really didn't do much exercises, but I did do some walking and thought that was enough.
3. My body was 65 when I had this heart attack, but after an echocardiogramis, which is a test that uses ultrasound to show how your heart muscle and valves are working, it was found that I had a heart attack 10 years ago.
4. 10 years ago, at the age of 55, I had blockage on the left side of my heart and had 3 stents placed to open three arteries. But I didn't know I had a heart attack, I was just short of breath.
5. I was already changing my diet from a red meat diet to more chicken and turkey. I was thinking that my body would be OK with that.
6. My blood pressure was so high that my doctor put me on very heavy meds.
7. My cholesterol was also so high that I was put on more heavy meds.
I will be sharing my walk with my new lease on life, things like products I needed to buy to have a healthier diet to some of the recipes my wife and I like.